spook_me: (Default)
[personal profile] spook_me
When the chill winds of autumn rattle the bare limbs of the trees, and dark clouds race across the face of the moon, the veil between worlds lifts to reveal:

The Spook Me Multi-Fandom Halloween Ficathon 2023!

This ficathon was created by [personal profile] ozsaur and [personal profile] dustandroses because we love spooky stories. [personal profile] trillingstar has been very helpful with finding great art prompts and hosts our artwork. Halloween is the best time of year for reading stories that offer pulse pounding thrills, blood curdling dread and hair-raising horror.

All fandoms are welcome. Stories can be Gen, Het, Slash or Femslash. All ratings are accepted.

We have TWO new Creatures this year: MOTHMAN and PLAGUE DOCTOR!

Dates to Know:

September 5: Sign ups start.
September 15: Sign ups end.
September 17: Prompts sent out.
October 20: Reminder posted here - please friend if you want to get the reminder.
October 26: Master Post opens, stories are due!

Creature List:

Alien
Android
Aquatic Monster
Beast
Boogeyman
Cannibal
Cyborg
Demon
Dinosaur
Disease
Ghost
Giant (human or animal)
Insect
Invader
Mad Scientist
Maniac
Men In Black (retired)
Monster from Space
MOTHMAN (this year only)
Mutant
Reptile
Robot
PLAGUE DOCTOR (this year only)
Plant
Shapeshifter
Snake
Spider
Tentacle Monster
Vampire
Werewolf
Zombie


When you sign up, please use this template or something like it:

Name:
Email:
Fandom: (full name of fandom, not an abbreviation)
The creature I want to write:


1) Please choose a creature from the list. If you want, I can also choose a creature for you.

You only need to include your fandom so I can have an idea of what fandoms are represented and to help set up the Master List. Please give the full name of your fandom, not an abbreviation. If your prompts inspire you to write for a different fandom than the one you signed up for, that isn't a problem.

2) On September 17th, I will send you two artwork prompts. Those prompts will be artwork that is strange, surreal and hopefully scary! You will then have three prompts-- the monster prompt that you chose, plus the two artwork prompts that I will send. You only have to use one prompt in your story, but if you manage to fit all three, I'll be pretty darned impressed!

3) My preference is for stories that are spooky, scary, chilling or even gruesome. But if you decide to write action/adventure, a humorous story, or something else altogether, I'll be perfectly happy with that. Just as long as your story includes one of your prompts.

4) The Master List will be posted on October 26th. In the comments of the Master List, give your name, fandom and a link to your story. You may post your story anywhere: a web page, your LJ or DW, an archive etc. But do not post your story here.

5) There will be absolutely no consequences if you can't get your story in by the deadline. In other words, I won't show up on your doorstep wielding a chainsaw. Your story will end up on the Master List eventually, no matter how late it is. I'll be around for a couple of days after the deadline, so your story will be added fairly quickly.

This ficathon is as low pressure as I can make it. Please do not feel guilty if you sign up and realize that you can't write a story. If writing for this ficathon isn't fun for you, then please stop.

6) Real People slash/fiction is allowed.

7) Warnings are up to the discretion of the writer. This is a horror themed challenge, so participate at your own risk.

8) Last, please check your spam filters. I don't mind resending prompts, but please, check your spam folders first. If you have any problems at all, contact me at ausar @ netdoor.com.

9) There is no minimum or maximum word counts. Drabbles and ficlets are fine. Monster epics are great too! But please make sure the story is complete.

10) I'm okay with sending multiple prompts, just list the monsters and fandoms you want them for.


You don't need to have an LJ or DW account as long as you send me an email with your sign up information to ausar @ netdoor DOT com.

Feel free to promote the challenge everywhere that it is allowed.
Page 1 of 3 << [1] [2] [3] >>

HURRAY!!!

Date: 2023-09-05 07:05 pm (UTC)
hellkitty: (Default)
From: [personal profile] hellkitty
I was just thinking about this the other day and I'm so stoked to see this! Sign me up!
Name:hellkitty
Email: antepathy at gmail
Fandom: (full name of fandom, not an abbreviation) Secret of Skinwalker Ranch
The creature I want to write: I cannot resist the lure of MOTHMAN!!!

Re: HURRAY!!!

From: [personal profile] frenchroast - Date: 2023-09-06 08:43 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2023-09-05 07:48 pm (UTC)
cye_of_the_torrent: Yuri from Fire Emblem smirks while taking off his hat (Yuri bird)
From: [personal profile] cye_of_the_torrent
(Yay, I'm so hyped for this! Thanks again for running this event. I always look forward to it.)

Name: Hikaru
Email: gingayellow at gmail dot com
Fandom: (full name of fandom, not an abbreviation) Ronin Warriors
The creature I want to write: Demon

Name: Hikaru
Email: gingayellow at gmail dot com
Fandom: (full name of fandom, not an abbreviation) Fire Emblem: Three Hopes
The creature I want to write: Ghost

Name: Hikaru
Email: gingayellow at gmail dot com
Fandom: (full name of fandom, not an abbreviation) Saint Seiya (80s anime)
The creature I want to write: Vampire
Edited Date: 2023-09-05 07:55 pm (UTC)

Date: 2023-09-05 08:01 pm (UTC)
muccamukk: Wanda walking away, surrounded by towering black trees, her red cloak bright. (KA: Lady of the Lake)
From: [personal profile] muccamukk
Name: Muccamukk
Email: muccamukk@hotmail.com
Fandom: King Arthur: The Legend of the Sword
The creature I want to write: Ghost

Date: 2023-09-05 08:27 pm (UTC)
badly_knitted: (Jack - Yay)
From: [personal profile] badly_knitted
I've been waiting for this!

Name: badly_knitted
Email: jeancmills@talktalk.net
Fandom: FAKE
The creature I want to write: Snake

Name: badly_knitted
Email: jeancmills@talktalk.net
Fandom: Torchwood
The creature I want to write: Aquatic Monster

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] badly_knitted - Date: 2023-09-05 10:19 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2023-09-05 08:28 pm (UTC)
senmut: Drizzt and Guen in front of a faded image of Malice (Forgotten Realms: Drizzt and Guen and Ma)
From: [personal profile] senmut
Name: [personal profile] senmut
Email: sharpest.asp@proton.me
Fandom: Forgotten Realms
The creature I want to write: Demon

Date: 2023-09-05 08:40 pm (UTC)
wickedlittletown: (Default)
From: [personal profile] wickedlittletown
I was delighted to see the post on my reading page Glad I didn't missed it as this year is really crazy and I didn't spend much time here, let alone be writing but last year was so much fun, that I have to sign up for it.

Name: wickedlittletown (GoldenEye on AO3 <- had a diffrent name last year but went back to my main account and transfered my works to it)
Email: will DM
Fandom: The Transformers (Cartoon G1)
The creature I want to write: Mad Scientist

Name: wickedlittletown (GoldenEye on AO3)
Email: will DM
Fandom: Original Story
The creature I want to write: Plague Doctor

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] wickedlittletown - Date: 2023-09-07 05:59 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] eerian_sadow - Date: 2023-09-09 02:44 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] wickedlittletown - Date: 2023-09-11 10:01 pm (UTC) - Expand

I love this!!!

Date: 2023-09-05 09:04 pm (UTC)
but_can_i_be_trusted: (Default)
From: [personal profile] but_can_i_be_trusted
I've been eagerly waiting for this one to come up again; I've been craving spooky stuff for a week, at least! And I'm so thrilled about this year's bonus prompts!!!

Name: Cyberia
Email: tickettostars@gmail.com
Fandom: Doctor Who
The creature I want to write: Mothman

Name: Cyberia
Email: tickettostars@gmail.com
Fandom: Doctor Who
The creature I want to write: Plague Doctor

Name: Cyberia
Email: tickettostars@gmail.com
Fandom: Inuyasha
The creature I want to write: Demon

Name: Cyberia
Email: tickettostars@gmail.com
Fandom: The Monkees
The creature I want to write: Ghost

Name: Cyberia
Email: tickettostars@gmail.com
Fandom: The Legend of Zelda
The creature I want to write: Robot

Name: Cyberia
Email: tickettostars@gmail.com
Fandom: Friends
The creature I want to write: Dinosaur

Name: Cyberia
Email: tickettostars@gmail.com
Fandom: The Monkees
The creature I want to write: Werewolf

Name: Cyberia
Email: tickettostars@gmail.com
Fandom: The Legend of Zelda
The creature I want to write: Invader

Name: Cyberia
Email: tickettostars@gmail.com
Fandom: Friends
The creature I want to write: Men in Black (Don't worry about a prompt; I'll be able to dig something up.)

Don't worry; there'll be more where that came from; you know me! 😏I'm actually trying to finish some of the ones I signed up for that didn't get finished over the last few years, along with this new stuff.

Re: I love this!!!

From: [personal profile] but_can_i_be_trusted - Date: 2023-09-05 11:32 pm (UTC) - Expand

Re: I love this!!!

From: [personal profile] but_can_i_be_trusted - Date: 2023-09-08 09:12 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2023-09-05 09:53 pm (UTC)
stonepicnicking_okapi: after the funeral (afterthefuneral)
From: [personal profile] stonepicnicking_okapi
I am SO excited about these new monsters!

I really have no idea about fandoms at the moment. I am hoping the pictures (or time and ruminating) will guide me. I am just really, really excited about the prompts.

Name: okapi
Email: okapi1895@gmail.com
Fandom: Unknown
The creature I want to write: MOTHMAN

Name: okapi
Email: okapi1895@gmail.com
Fandom: Sherlock Holmes (Arthur Conan Doyle - original stories)
The creature I want to write: PLAGUE DOCTOR


Date: 2023-09-05 09:57 pm (UTC)
fadedwings: (F&WS: Bucky eh face)
From: [personal profile] fadedwings
Name: fadedwings
Email: lostdragonfound AT gmail
Fandom: Marvel Cinematic Universe
The creature I want to write: Aquatic Monster

Date: 2023-09-05 11:05 pm (UTC)
mab_browne: Icon from book cover, showing man walking with two gargoyle demon creatures in background.  Text reads 'Spook Me'. (Spook Me)
From: [personal profile] mab_browne
Name: Mab
Email: mabinbrowne@gmail.com
Fandom: The Silt Verses
The creature I want to write: Zombie (for a very loose interpretation of that term)

This year I will actually turn my story in on time! Yes! And more seriously, thank you for running this each year, it's always fun.

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] mab_browne - Date: 2023-09-06 07:03 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2023-09-06 12:20 am (UTC)
dianafortyseven: Agent 47 on a background of fluttering glitter (birthday)
From: [personal profile] dianafortyseven
I was just thinking about Spook Me! So looking forward to doing this again this year! :D
Can I get two different prompts for the same fandom? Feeling inspired right now.

Name: dianafortyseven
Email: dianafortyseven at gmail dot com
Fandom: Hitman (Video Games)
The creature I want to write: Mad Scientist, Disease

Date: 2023-09-06 01:06 am (UTC)
highlander_ii: 4 Musketeer swords saluting together from the Disney version of the movie ([3 Musk] All For One)
From: [personal profile] highlander_ii
Name: highlander ii
Email: highlander (dot) ii (at) gmail
Fandom: Dresden Files or Marvel Cinematic Universe
The creature I want to write: Plague Doctor and Dinosaur - also, a random one you pick

You're back!!

Date: 2023-09-06 03:17 am (UTC)
rhi: Yellow aspen leaves (fall leaves)
From: [personal profile] rhi
Name: Rhi/Gryphonrhi
Email: rhiannon.shaw at gmail.com
Fandom: Black Widow/Marvel Cinematic Universe
The creature I want to write: Ghost

Name: Rhi/Gryphonrhi
Email: rhiannon.shaw at gmail.com
Fandom: due South
The creature I want to write: Men in Black or Maniac (is MIB still an option?)

I mean, it's me. They might yet end up Highlander, or Leverage, or even X-Files. But I'm aiming this way. Thank you so much for running this again!

Date: 2023-09-06 03:47 am (UTC)
cornerofmadness: (squee)
From: [personal profile] cornerofmadness
Woot! So stoked to see this again.

Name:[personal profile] cornerofmadness
Email: connorswhip@yahoo.com
Fandom: Prodigal Son
The creature I want to write: ghost

Name:[personal profile] cornerofmadness
Email: connorswhip@yahoo.com
Fandom: original
The creature I want to write: Mothman (I have to. I live next door to Point Pleasant and he'll come for me if I don't)

Date: 2023-09-06 04:27 am (UTC)
but_can_i_be_trusted: (Default)
From: [personal profile] but_can_i_be_trusted
OMG, that is so friggin' cool! I'm fascinated by Mothman. He's one of my favorite cryptids, right up there with the Jersey Devil and the Fresno Nightcrawler (which was allegedly sighted just over the mountains from where I live).

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] cornerofmadness - Date: 2023-09-06 04:47 am (UTC) - Expand

Not to butt in, but...

From: [personal profile] but_can_i_be_trusted - Date: 2023-09-06 07:41 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] cornerofmadness - Date: 2023-09-06 10:05 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] cornerofmadness - Date: 2023-09-08 02:09 am (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2023-09-06 04:53 am (UTC)
mxcatmoon: (Fall02 Star pumpkin)
From: [personal profile] mxcatmoon
Name: Cat Moon
Email: Blairbabe2@aol.com
Fandom: Good Omens (TV)
The creature I want to write: Plague Doctor

Date: 2023-09-06 09:40 am (UTC)
tarlanx: Wen Kexing holding fan with text FAN (Film - The Old Guard 6)
From: [personal profile] tarlanx
Name: Tarlan ([personal profile] tarlanx)
Email: tarlanx at gmail.com
Fandom: The Old Guard (Movie 2020)
The creature I want to write: Plague Doctor

Date: 2023-09-06 05:50 pm (UTC)
rhi: Joe and Nicky from Old Guard, curled up and sleeping (Joe and Nicky)
From: [personal profile] rhi
I look forward to seeing what you do with this!!

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] tarlanx - Date: 2023-09-06 08:13 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2023-09-06 10:44 am (UTC)
bookscorpion: This is Chelifer cancroides, a book scorpion. Not a real scorpion, but an arachnid called a pseudoscorpion for obvious reasons. (Default)
From: [personal profile] bookscorpion
I'm stoked to sign up for this again!
Name: bookscorpion
Email: jedediah at gmx.org
Fandom: The Witcher (video game)
The creature I want to write: Plague Doctor

Date: 2023-09-06 11:21 am (UTC)
lexicalcrow: (Default)
From: [personal profile] lexicalcrow
Once again signing up for my annual attempt at horror fic bweeee :D

Name: lexicalcrow
Email: ibdjehuty@gmail.com
Fandom: Hermitcraft
The creature I want to write: Plague Doctor. I already have a great idea in mind for this one. >:D

Date: 2023-09-06 02:40 pm (UTC)
drakonfox: Happy Halloween Cat (Happy Halloween Cat)
From: [personal profile] drakonfox
Thank you for organising this challenge!

Name: drakonfox
Email: will message
Fandom: Original science fiction
The creature I want to write: Werewolf

Name: drakonfox
Email: will message
Fandom: Pride & Prejudice book (Jane Austen)
The creature I want to write: Vampire

Name: drakonfox
Email: will message
Fandom: The Thing (1982)
The creature I want to write: Zombie

Name: drakonfox
Email: will message
Fandom: Undecided (I think it will either be another original story historical, or Batman 1966)
The creature I want to write: Spider | Dinosaur (apologies can't decide - I hope that's okay?)

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] drakonfox - Date: 2023-09-06 07:06 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] but_can_i_be_trusted - Date: 2023-09-06 07:43 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] drakonfox - Date: 2023-09-07 11:57 am (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2023-09-06 03:06 pm (UTC)
notyourwinter: (devil and god are raging)
From: [personal profile] notyourwinter
Name: Rae
Email: notyourwinter@gmail.com
Fandom: Top Gun/Top Gun Maverick
The creature I want to write: Monster From Space

Date: 2023-09-06 05:19 pm (UTC)
taichara: (Noel)
From: [personal profile] taichara
Name: [personal profile] taichara
Email: khuriya at gmail
Fandom: Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe
The creature I want to write: Demon

yay!

Date: 2023-09-06 05:20 pm (UTC)
impala_evolved: (RNM || Max Returns)
From: [personal profile] impala_evolved
Name: [personal profile] impala_evolved
Email: kalsgirl at gmail
Fandom: Watcher Entertainment RPF
The creature I want to write: Mothman!!

Name: [personal profile] impala_evolved
Email: kalsgirl at gmail
Fandom: Roswell New Mexico
The creature I want to write: Mad Scientist


Name: [personal profile] impala_evolved
Email: kalsgirl at gmail
Fandom: Roswell New Mexico
The creature I want to write: Monster from Space

Date: 2023-09-06 05:20 pm (UTC)
beccadg: (CJH Joy by beccadg)
From: [personal profile] beccadg
Yay! I love this challenge!! Here are my requests for this year--

Name: beccadg
Email: ladydragonbecca At gmail
Fandom: Original Fiction
Creature: Tentacle Monster

Name: beccadg
Email: ladydragonbecca At gmail
Fandom: Shadowhunters (TV)
Creature: Cannibal

Name: beccadg
Email: ladydragonbecca At gmail
Fandom: Avengers (Marvel)
Creature: Mad Scientist

Name: beccadg
Email: ladydragonbecca At gmail
Fandom: X-Men (Movies)
Creature: Plague Doctor

YES!

Date: 2023-09-06 06:03 pm (UTC)
kore: (Doctor Who - 9 and Rose)
From: [personal profile] kore
So happy to see this running again, thank you! Sign me right up!

Name: [personal profile] kore
Email: will DM
Fandom: Marvel Cinematic Universe
The creature I want to write: Demon

Name: [personal profile] kore
Email: will DM
Fandom: Marvel Cinematic Universe
The creature I want to write: Ghost

Name: [personal profile] kore
Email: will DM
Fandom: Marvel Cinematic Universe
The creature I want to write: Shapeshifter

Name: [personal profile] kore
Email: will DM
Fandom: Marvel Cinematic Universe
The creature I want to write: Vampire

Name: [personal profile] kore
Email: will DM
Fandom: Crimson Peak
The creature I want to write: Vampire
Edited Date: 2023-09-06 06:04 pm (UTC)

Date: 2023-09-06 08:39 pm (UTC)
frenchroast: (Default)
From: [personal profile] frenchroast
Yay!!

Name: frenchroast
Email: musemuffin at gmail
Fandom: Animorphs
The creature I want to write: please pick for me, I can never decide!

Fandom: What We Do in the Shadows (TV)
The creature I want to write: please pick, just not vampires since those are already the main characters!
Page 1 of 3 << [1] [2] [3] >>

October 2025

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
192021 22232425
262728293031 

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 4th, 2026 01:42 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios